While theres' no shortage of great backgrounds for your photo shoots, it's often easy to overlook the many creative possibilities of plain old seamless paper.
But there's a lot those gigantic rolls can do.
In this episode of the Slanted Lens, Jay P. Morgan walks you through 10 creative uses for seamless paper in your photography.
Here are a few of Morgan's tips to get you started:
1. Slice it into spirals or cut it into different shapes to make a different looks (must be somewhat crafty)
2. Choose deep grey to make clothing pop.
3. Spit the seamless in half and do two different colors for an interesting creative effect.
4. Paint it! You can splash colors, Pollock-style, or create more deliberate designs on your own.
5. Crumple it up to make a textured background.