Your Guide to The Portrait Masters Conference Vendors and Deals
September 7, 2023
Kayla Douglas is the lead creator at Kayla Douglas Artistry, which she runs with the support of her husband, photographer and engineer Ric Lewis. They will be at TPM showcasing and selling their incredible wares. (Scroll through to see more images from TPM 2023's vendors.)
All TPM attendees will have a chance to take home images created against Oliphant backdrops in the shooting bays. They can also choose to purchase one with a special conference attendee discount.
Godox's new compact, cylindrical flash tube, the AD-S200 is perfect to light up any space -- even in cramped quarters.
The Portrait Masters Conference begins this coming Monday, September 11 at the Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Attendees will experience a fascinating lineup of Main Stage speakers giving teaching demos, as well as opportunities for one-on-one coaching with photography business mentors. They’ll also have ample time to capture gorgeous photos in shooting bays styled with Oliphant backdrops, experience exciting shootouts pitting pro photographers head-to-head in friendly competition and can relax at a variety of fun and chic parties.
But that’s not all. A big draw of professional conferences like TPM is the chance to meet photo vendors, try out new gear and score incredible deals you won’t get anywhere else. This is your guide to who’s who at TPM 2023’s Shoot & Shop, and we’ve got the scoop on Conference-exclusive deals and debuts.
Exclusive Events, Deals, and Debuts
TPM’s awe-inspiring photo vendors will be on the Shoot & Shop floor with all their offerings on display for attendees to get hands-on experiences and expert advice, but offerings from photo vendors are not limited to that venue. Canon will be kicking off the week with a Shootout featuring Canon shooters Jeremy Cowart, Michele Celentano, and the lady who started the TPM show, Sue Bryce herself, who is celebrating her last Portrait Masters Conference.
Fujifilm takes the reins on Tuesday with a Shootout featuring Fujifilm shooters Petronella Lugemwa, Caroline Tran, and Ben Chrisman. They will also be hosting a Photo Walk on Tuesday evening, and will also have some additional surprises to share later in the day.
Another special feature of note is DNP’s printing bay, which will be directly across from their booth. There, photographers will be able to print images using their DS620 and DS820 printers. They’ll be able to print anything from a 6×8 image to 8×12 and even panoramic prints. DNP Sales Director Cliff Reeves says, “Dye sublimation quality and variety has improved substantially in the last few years. We have increased D-max, multiple surfaces, multiple substrates — like Silver Pearl and Metallic — that will allow the professional to enjoy the consistency and reliability of dye sublimation printing without sacrificing image quality or creativity.” This is your chance to check it out. They will also be offering a conference promo at their booth.
Godox will be showing a brand-new product, the AD-S200 flash, a 360-degree transparent, cylindrical flash tube, which is the most compact stick flash you can find. And, they’ll be debuting their new Lux Series product, which is part of their retro series of camera flashes, combining timeless elegance with fresh design concepts.
Stella Pro Lights will be releasing a new and more powerful battery for the Reflex, which allows you to crank your output to 9,000 lumens in constant light mode and 18,000 lumens in the digital burst mode, all while still enjoying the Reflex’s fantastic lightweight portability. They’ll also be offering generous savings on the CLx10 and its suite of versatile modifiers.
Spider Holster will be running a 15% off promotion across the board on all products, and will be selling their “Sue Bryce Kit,” which features all the Spider Gear Bryce uses. Imagen, AI-supported post-production tools, which include cloud backups, culling, and editing, are offering free subscriptions and a $100 credit. Imaging Brands are offering 50% off all Spekular and Frio Gear for attendees in person and on their websites with a coupon. Tether Tools will also be featuring 20% off but only in person at the show. GraphiStudio is offering a new account activation bonus of 50-70% off select products. Current customers will receive 30% off — valid for one item of the Sue Bryce Collection, Young Book, Original Wedding Book, Wall Art, or Storybook.
Attendees should make sure to stop by the Elinchrom, Nanlite, Oliphant, and Aftershoot booths. They all will be offering promos just for conference attendees, as will B&H Photos, who say, “We have pages upon pages of deals!”
Who’s Going to Be There
TPM 2023’s Shoot & Shop is hosting a selection of the most trusted and highly respected suppliers of photo gear in the business along with couture, entrepreneur-driven small businesses producing high-quality products. Here’s a comprehensive list of photo vendors who are going to be there.
- Aftershoot reviews thousands of photos in minutes, highlighting the best for you to review, allowing you to select, cull and edit photos faster than ever with AI technology.
- B&H Photo & Video has been your creative partner and everyone’s favorite photo and video store since 1973.
- Camera Exchange Buy, sell, and trade new and used equipment.
- Canon USA Founded in 1937 and headquartered in Tokyo, Canon is known for its high-quality cameras, lenses and other imaging products.
- DNP Established in Japan in 1876, DNP offers printing solutions for retailers, event photographers, and photo booth operators making high-quality printing easy and convenient.
- Fujifilm, founded in 1934, is known for its dedication to classic, tactile design elements that bring the experience of making images front and center for every photographer.
- Godox Since 1993, Godox has been committed to providing consumers with professional and high-quality lighting solutions for photography, and now they are branching out into audio.
- GraphiStudio With over 3 decades of experience crafting award-winning albums and books, we are also recognized for our fine art prints and wall art handmade in Itay, setting a new standard in our industry.
- Homespun Heart A creator of handmade wings and props for photographers.
- Imagen Your AI-powered editing solution for Lightroom Classic that learns your personal style and saves you time.
- Imaging Brands Supporting image makers with innovative products including tether tools and lighting solutions.
- Kayla Douglas Artistry The leading creator of photography props including wings and crowns.
- Lead Savage One software platform for every aspect of your marketing plan.
- Elinchrom Portable and durable lights, remotes, shapers, and accessories.
- Nanlite Achieve your vision with a broad, versatile range of LED lights and accessories.
- Oliphant Studios Unique hand-painted backdrops used by the most influential photographers of our time.
- Only the Curious Founded by artists Bella Kotak and Pratik Naik, their passion is to contribute to your creative journey and growth with our curated selection of handcrafted color-grading Photoshop actions, digital backdrops, educational videos and more.
- Painted Lotus Designs Beautiful headdresses created by portrait, fashion, and beauty photographer Jeanie Lewis. Each is one of a kind.
- PhotoflashDrives Your source for custom flash drives, photo packaging, hard drives & SSDS, promo products and more. The largest collection of no-minimum customizable products on the planet.
- Profoto Quick, easy, high-quality photography lighting products. Committed to light-shaping excellence.
- Sew Trendy Accessories Designer maternity gowns, women’s posing gowns, newborn props, and more.
- SIGMA Since 1961, SIGMA has been manufacturing high-precision cameras and lenses for photography and cinema.
- Spider Holster This self-locking holster that clips onto any belt is your quick-draw solution for carrying your camera comfortably and safely.
- Stella Pro Lights (by Light & Motion) Powerful lighting that sets up fast and renders color beautifully for untethered creativity.
- Tamron Americas Tamron lenses are reliable, capable, and comfortable for beginners and professionals.
- TidyBooks Bookkeeping for the profitable photographer because you’ve got better things to do.
- White House Custom Colour Prints, albums & books, wall art cards, tabletop displays, and more!
- ZNO Old labs just print. ZNO does everything – albums, wall art, acrylic mounts, canvas wraps, and more.
It’s Not Too Late to Join
While the TPM Conference is just a few days away, there is still time to join. If you’re in the photo business, don’t forget to check with your tax professional and accountant to find out how to take advantage of any tax write offs. If you’re hesitating to drop the whole ticket amount in one go, check out the new option to pay using PayPal’s flexible financing. Not only is this an incredible opportunity to meet photo vendors and grab great deals and pro gear, it’s also going to be a bonanza of networking, learning and fun. Also, this is the very last time TPM will be happening at the Arizona Grand Resort Hotel with Sue Bryce. It’s going to be epic and truly one for the books.