Instagram has been very busy of late, adding new features to their service first popularized by other social networks. Their latest addition, Collections, has a very Pinterest-y feel, if you ask us.
Collections is basically a new way for you to organize saved Instagram posts (the ability to save posts is itself fairly new). Collections aren't publicly visible to your followers, so it's not an ideal public-facing curation tool, but it can help you manage your trove of saved Instagram posts.
Instagram Collections is available with the latest update to the app (10.16) on iOS and Android devices.
Here, according to Instagram, is how to start using the feature:
- Go to your profile and tap
- Tap in the top-right corner
- Enter a name then tap Next
- Tap any saved posts you’d like to add to your collection, then tap Done
You can also create a new collection as you save posts:
- Below a post you’d like to include in your collection, tap and hold
- Enter a name then tap Done
To see the collections you’ve created, go to your profile and tap , then tap Collections at the top.