Looking for a deep parabolic softbox but don't want to spend a fortune? Westcott might have what you're looking for with its newest product line: the Zeppelin Deep Parabolic series, which launched today at the WPPI trade show in Las Vegas.
The light modifiers come in 35, 47, and 59-inch models and retail for $399, $499, and $699, respectively. Westcott had the the 47-inch Zeppelin flying high above its booth, mounted on a yolk-style bracket with a built-in speedring.
The mounting brackets are available for four different lighting set-ups: Profoto ($249), Bowens ($199), Balcar ($199), and Elinchrom ($199).
The deep parabolic build of the Zeppelin softboxes are designed to create even, wrap-around light for studio portrait sessions and fashion photography.
Here's a rundown on the features of the new Zeppelin series softboxes, according to Wescott's dedicated website on the new products.
• Deep parabolic construction
• Durable, lightweight fabric with highly-reflective silver interior
• 16 heavy-duty, lightweight, heat-resistant support rods
• Durable aluminum rods with a smaller diameter for easy setup
• 1/2-stop inner diffusion panel with a 1/2-stop dot (1-stop in center)
• 1/2-stop outer diffusion panel
• Removable rear cover for extra ventilation
• Single panel extended zipper entry point for second strobe stand
• Travel case included